My life is a book, and I am the author. I’m preparing to close an important chapter in my book, but that just means that another one is about to begin. I’m not quite sure what I’ll write about yet, but that’s okay – that’s part of the fun. Chapter Nineteen showed me just how much can change in the blink of an eye.
F. Scott Fitzgerald once wrote, “I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.” I think of these words often. I don’t want to complete any chapter too quickly, but I’m eager to keep writing.
In honor of starting Chapter Twenty, I’ve compiled a list of 20 things for which I am thankful.
1. Spontaneous trips to the beach
2. The lovely weather this week
3. New adventures up ahead (University of Montevallo, I’m looking at you!)
4. Friends who make spending all day at school enjoyable (shout-out to Shawn for keeping me company when I get out of math class)
5. A job that I love
6. Co-workers I enjoy being around
7. My siblings – they are also my friends 😊
8. Phone calls with old friends filled with laughter
9. Mentors who are guiding me as I am paving my own path
10. My niece – she is four months old today
11. The Georgia 4-H program
12. My old 4-H agent, Mrs. Melinda, who continues to support me
13. My friend, Arielle, who has been my person for many years
14. My pal, Trent, who is always up to go on an adventure with me
15. Silly pictures that remind me of good times (see below!)
16. My dog, Prancie – she is always more excited than anyone else could ever be to see me!
17. Books that allow me to explore different realities
18. All of my friends from Georgia who continue to go out of their way so we can visit❤
19. Sleepovers that consist of cheesy movies and laughter
20. The fact that I made it through another year 😊
Here’s to nineteen fun years, and here’s to many more.